Hotel Nikopolis Thessaloniki
Manufacturing and installation of lift and slide aluminum frames for Hotel Nikopolis in Thessaloniki, Airport area.
The 5-star Hotel Nikopolis is located in the area of Thessaloniki. The weather climate in the region of Thessaloniki can be characterized as Mediterranean with some elements from continental climate. The average temperature in Thessaloniki reaches 16°C. Moreover, the lowest average temperature is noticed in January and it is estimated at 5,5°C, while the highest temperature is observed in July and it is estimated at 26,5°C. Also, the annual average precipitation reaches 400-500 mm. Snowfalls are likely to happen from December until March, but snow covers do not last more than few hours or days. During the winter season winds are blowing in northwest or west direction while during summer season they have a southwest direction. An aspect worth mentioning regarding the weather climate of Thessaloniki is humidity. Specifically, due to the high levels of humidity throughout the year the sense of cold is reinforced during the winter season and accordingly the sense of heat is reinforced during summer season. In order to offer a supreme level of service, quality and functionality for the Hotel Nikopolis, EPAL manufactured and installed sliding aluminum frames of the ‘’EPAL RR’’ series. ‘’EPAL RR’’ series is one of the most innovative and dominant choice for sliding aluminum frames of EPAL. The specific series is equipped with a casted thermal break which is perimetrical integrated into the aluminum frame and it prohibits the internal compression of the aluminum profile throughout the year and especially during winter season when low temperatures are noticed. Moreover, ‘’EPAL RR’’ series offers the following advantages:
- It is equipped with mitered corners.
- It is featured with tracks made of stainless steel on the bottom which enable a smoother scrolling for the sash and to prevent the corrosion of the aluminum.
- There are rubber gaskets made of TPE to provide perfect waterproofing.
- It is geared with heavy duty mechanisms from the German companies SIEGENIA and HAUTAU. These mechanisms are able to lock up to 4 points, providing security and functionality.
- It ensures high levels of thermal insulation by using double glaze panels and casted thermal break profiles with a thermal conductivity index = 0.84 Btu x in2/Ft x h x F.
- It is manufactured under controlled production processes and with specific materials and components that ensure consistency and high quality.
- High level of air-tightness, water-tightness and low air permeability.
- Top-class aesthetics due to the variety of colors and the quality of the powder coating.
Aluminum frame series we used