Aluminum Tilt & Turn frame EPAL 14100 Softline
The Tilt & Turn ‘’EPAL 14100 Softline’’ series has either curved or mitered frame and it is equipped with German-made perimetric locking mechanisms by ROTO for greater security. It is outfitted with triple gaskets for full perimetric sealing and double glass panels for better thermal insulation. Also, it is electrostatically coated thus not to require absolutely no maintenance.
‘’EPAL 14100 Softline’’ series has the following attributes:
- It is manufactured from non-thermally broken aluminum profile.
- Every frame is equipped with a Tilt & Turn mechanism.
- Mitered corners
- Perimetric locking. Ability to lock up to 14 points (based on the dimensions of the frame) with a single turn of the security handle, providing the highest security level of the market.
- All the locking mechanisms are supplied are ROTO NT from ROTO Frank Germany, the market leader in perimetric locking mechanisms.
- There are 3 rubber gaskets made of TPE to provide perfect waterproofing.
- Accompanied with open shutters, roller shutters and insect screens.
- It is made of specific materials and components that meet specific quality standards.
- It is manufactured under controlled production processes that ensure consistent and high quality.
The “EPAL 14100 Soft line’’ series ensures:
- High resistance to mechanical stresses during use and high functionality.
- Top-class aesthetics due to the variety of colors and the quality of the powder coating.
The installation of the “EPAL 14100 Soft line’’ frames is performed by qualified technical personnel on any surface using special accessories and insulation materials that ensure a perfect fit.
EPAL imports glaze panels from the biggest glass manufacturing companies in the world.
The ‘’EPAL 14100 Soft line’’ series is equipped with double-glazed insulating glass panels. EPAL is using ‘’Float’’ type glass. The basic combination of glazing is 5mm of glass externally, 4mm of glass internally and 12mm aluminum spacer between the glaze panels (5 – 12 – 4).
This particular combination presents an insulation factor of Ug = 2, 8 W/m2k with exceptional soundproofing properties (Rw = 36 dB based on tests made according to ISO140/3-78-Test Number A6.121.96).
The adhesion of the double glaze panels is achieved with the use of Butyl PIB (which is an adhesive sealant) and it is applied perimetric to the spacer. Then the spacer is placed between the glass panels. The Butyl PIB sealant is extremely resistant in temperature changes: from -30ο C up to 80ο C and 160ο C (for a short period of time) and an extremely low Thermal Conductivity index. The aluminum spacer is filled with desiccants which help to extend the lifetime of the glaze panel.
In addition to the Butyl PIB, there is a two component sealant which is applied externally on every side of the window. This two component sealant is elastic and it is extremely resistant to temperature changes. In this way, the humid or outside air are prevented from entering the unit and reach the gas which is placed between the panels. As a result, the fogging of windows is prevented over time.
EPAL SA is certified for every process concerning sealing of insulated glaze panels and insulated glaze panels with gas according to DIN EN 1279-2 and DIN EN1279-3 quality standards which are dictated by the ift Rosenheim Institute of Germany.
In addition to the typical type of glazing (5 – 12 – 4), which has an insulation coefficient of Ug=2, 8 W/m2K, the ‘’EPAL 14100 Soft line’’ series can be equipped with special coated glaze panels (Low E gas with soft and hard coating) and special gas filling, enabling them to reach a value of Ug=0, 7 W/m2K.