Aluminum Tilt & Turn frame EPAL 18000 Ultra K
The new series of EPAL has innovative design which allows to lower the thermal insulation factor Uw up to 0,87 W/m2K, depending on the selected combination of glazing. Particularly, it is manufactured by using a double thermal-break, which is a combination of casted and polyamide thermal-brake. There is an option to choose between double, triple (with double aluminum spacer) and quadruple (with triple aluminum spacer) glazing panels. Profiles are manufactured in a square shape and are equipped with a perimetrical mechanism ROTO NT from the German Company ROTO.
EPAL 18000 Ultra K” series has the following attributes:
- t is manufactured with double casted thermal break. Two casted thermal-breaks surround a 30 mm thermal-break made of PVC in the center of the profile.
- Every frame is equipped with a Tilt & Turn mechanism.
- Mitered corners.
- Perimetric locking. Ability to lock up to 14 points (based on the dimensions of the frame) with a single turn of the security handle, providing the highest security level of the market.
- All the locking mechanisms are supplied from ROTO NT of ROTO Frank Germany, the market leader in perimetric locking mechanisms.
- The frames can be colored in two-tone (internal and external side have different color).
- There are 2 rubber gaskets made of TPE to provide perfect waterproofing.
- Accompanied with open shutters, roller shutters and insect screens.
- It is made of specific materials and components that meet specific quality standards.
- It is manufactured under controlled production processes that ensure consistent and high quality.
EPAL 18000 Ultra K” series ensures:
- High level of thermal insulation. The specific series offers the ability to manufacture frames with exceptional thermal insulating characteristics (up to Uw = 0,87 W/m2K) according to tests made in DIN EN ISO 10077-1 standards.
- Top level of soundproofing capacity Rw = 38 dB weighted sound reduction index (with triple glaze panel 4 – 15 – 4 – 15 – 4) according to DIN EN ISO 140-3: 2005 standards. Test number: A.540.2011.
- High level of water – tightness and air – tightness according to:
DIN EN 1026: 2000-09
DIN EN 1027: 2000-09
DIN EN 12211: 2000-12
DIN EN 12207: 2000-06
DIN EN 12208: 2000-06
DIN EN 12210: 2000-06
DIN 18055: 1981-10
- High resistance to mechanical stresses during use and high functionality.
- Top-class aesthetics due to the variety of colors and the quality of the powder coating.
The installation of the “EPAL 18000 Ultra K” frames is performed by qualified technical personnel on any surface using special accessories and insulation materials that ensure a perfect fit.
EPAL imports glaze panels from the biggest glass manufacturing companies in the world.
The “EPAL 18000 Ultra K” series is equipped with double-glazed insulating glass panels. EPAL is using ‘’Float’’ type glass. The basic combination of glazing is 5mm of glass externally, 4mm of glass internally and 15mm aluminum spacer between the glaze panels (5 – 15 – 4).
This particular combination presents an insulation factor of Ug = 2, 8 W/m2K with exceptional soundproofing properties (Rw = 36 dB based on tests made according to ISO140-3: 2005 -Test Number Α.511.2010).
The adhesion of the double glaze panels is achieved with the use of Butyl PIB (which is an adhesive sealant) and it is applied perimetric to the spacer. Then the spacer is placed between the glaze panels. The Butyl PIB sealant is extremely resistant in temperature changes: from -30ο C up to 80ο C and 160ο C (for a short period of time) and an extremely low Thermal Conductivity coefficient. The aluminum spacer is filled with desiccants which help to extend the lifetime of the glaze panel.
In addition to the Butyl PIB, there is a two component sealant which is applied externally on every side of the window. This two component sealant is elastic and it is extremely resistant to temperature changes. In this way, the humid or outside air are prevented from entering the unit and reach the gas which is placed between the panels. As a result, the fogging of windows is prevented over time.
EPAL SA is certified for every process concerning sealing of insulated glaze panels and insulated glaze panels with gas according to DIN EN 1279-2 and DIN EN1279-3 quality standards which are dictated by the ift Rosenheim Institute of Germany.
In addition to the typical type of glazing (5 – 12 – 4), which has an insulation coefficient of Ug=2, 8 W/m2K, the “EPAL 18000 Ultra K” series can be equipped with triple and quadruple glazing, special coated glaze panels (Low E gas with soft and hard coating) and special gas filling, enabling them to reach a value of Ug=0, 5 W/m2K in order to satisfy the most demanding manufacturing standards.