Tilt & Turn timber frame “Epal ALU-Therm” series
The Tilt&Turn timber frame “Epal ALU-Therm” series is manufactured from 3ply timber, cut into three pieces and re-welded into a different direction to each other, while the external side is covered with an aluminum profile. The specific combination of the two materials forms a quality product with high level of thermal insulating performance, which provides top-class aesthetics on the internal side and high level of durability due to the aluminum on the external side. “Epal ALU-Therm” series is the ideal arrangement of a long product lifetime and comfort.
“Epal ALU-Therm” series has the following attributes:
- It is manufactured from 3ply timber, while the external side is covered with an aluminum profile.
- Every frame is equipped with a Tilt&Turn mechanism.
- The assembly of the timber parts (corners) is made with two or three special mitered corners.
- Perimetric locking. Ability to lock up to 14 points (based on the dimensions of the frame) with a single turn of the security handle, providing the highest security level of the market.
- All the locking mechanisms are ROTO NT from ROTO Frank Germany, the market leader in perimetric locking mechanisms.
- The frames can be colored in two-tone (internal and external side have different color).
- There are 2 rubber gaskets made of TPE to provide perfect waterproofing.
- Accompanied with open shutters, roller shutters and insect screens.
- It is made of specific materials and components that meet specific quality standards.
- It is manufactured under controlled production processes that ensure consistent and high quality.
“Epal ALU-Therm” series ensures:
- An ecological solution with very good insulating characteristics (Uw = 0,94 W / m2K) with a long product lifetime.
- High resistance to mechanical stresses during use and high functionality.
- Top-class aesthetics due to the variety of colors and the quality of the coating.
The installation of the “Epal ALU-Therm” frames is performed by qualified technical personnel on any surface using special accessories and insulation materials that ensure a perfect fit.
EPAL imports glaze panels from the biggest glass manufacturing companies in the world.
The “Epal ALU-Therm” series is equipped with double-glazed insulating glass panels. EPAL is using Low E glazing with hard coating type glass. The basic combination of glazing is 4mm of glass externally, 4mm of glass internally and 16mm aluminum spacer between the glaze panels filled with argon gas (5 – 16 – 4). This particular combination presents an insulation factor of Ug = 1,1 W/m2K.
Also, EPAL S.A. can satisfy any requirement for special glazing such as bronze, fume, triplex 3+3mm, triplex 4+4mm, bulletproof etc.
The adhesion of the double glaze panels is achieved with the use of Butyl PIB (which is an adhesive sealant) and it is applied perimetric to the spacer. Then the spacer is placed between the glaze panels. The Butyl PIB sealant is extremely resistant in temperature changes: from -30oC up to 80oC and 160oC (for a short period of time) and an extremely low Thermal Conductivity coefficient. The aluminum spacer is filled with desiccants which help to extend the lifetime of the glaze panel.
In addition to the Butyl PIB, there is a two component sealant which is applied externally on every side of the window. This two component sealant is elastic and it is extremely resistant to temperature changes. In this way, humid or outside air are prevented from entering the unit and reach the gas which is placed between the panels. As a result, the fogging of windows is prevented over time.
EPAL SA is certified for every process concerning sealing of insulated glaze panels and insulated glaze panels with gas according to DIN EN 1279-2 and DIN EN1279-3 quality standards which are dictated by the ift Rosenheim Institute of Germany.