Tilt&Turn timber frame “Epal-Pasiv” series
The Tilt&Turn wooden frame “Epal-Pasiv” series offers top level of energy saving and it is suitable for low-energy consumption houses as well as for Passive Houses, while it is environmentally friendly due to the guaranteed energy savings .Frames are coated with environmentally friendly varnishes and water-soluble coatings which are not toxic for humans and the environment.
“Epal-Pasiv” series has the following attributes:
- It is manufactured from 3ply timber, 110 mm for the frame and 110 mm for the sash.
- It is equipped with aluminum drains in the frame and in the sash.
- Every frame is equipped with a Tilt&Turn mechanism.
- The assembly of the timber parts (corners) is made with four special mitered corners.
- Perimetric locking. Ability to lock up to 14 points (based on the dimensions of the frame) with a single turn of the security handle, providing the highest security level of the market.
- All the locking mechanisms are ROTO NT from ROTO Frank Germany, the market leader in perimetric locking mechanisms.
- The frames can be colored in two-tone (internal and external side have different color).
- There are 2 rubber gaskets made of TPE to provide perfect waterproofing.
- Accompanied with open shutters, roller shutters and insect screens.
- It is made of specific materials and components that meet specific quality standards.
- It is manufactured under controlled production processes that ensure consistent and high quality.
“Epal-Pasiv” series ensures:
- An ecological solution with exceptional insulating characteristics (Uw = 0,72 W / m2K), which is suitable for low-energy consumption houses as well as for Passive Houses.
- High resistance to mechanical stresses during use and high functionality.
- Elegant style due to the hidden hinges.
- Top-class aesthetics due to the variety of colors and the quality of the coating.
The installation of the “Epal-Pasiv” frames is performed by qualified technical personnel on any surface using special accessories and insulation materials that ensure a perfect fit.
EPAL imports glaze panels from the biggest glass manufacturing companies in the world.
The “Epal- Stil” series is equipped with triple-glazed insulating glass panels. EPAL is using Low E glazing with soft coating type glass. The basic combination uses glazing with a thickness of 4mm and with an 18mm aluminum spacer between the glaze panels filled with argon gas (4 – 18 – 4 – 18 – 4). This particular combination presents an insulation factor of Ug = 0,6 W/m2K.
Also, EPAL S.A. can satisfy any requirement for special glazing such as bronze, fume, triplex 3+3mm, triplex 4+4mm, bulletproof etc.
The adhesion of the triple-glazed panels is achieved with the use of Butyl PIB (which is an adhesive sealant) and it is applied perimetric to the spacer. Then the spacer is placed between the glaze panels. The Butyl PIB sealant is extremely resistant in temperature changes: from -30oC up to 80oC and 160oC (for a short period of time) and an extremely low Thermal Conductivity index. The aluminum spacer is filled with desiccants which help to extend the lifetime of the glaze panel.
In addition to the Butyl PIB, there is a two component sealant which is applied externally on every side of the window. This two component sealant is elastic and it is extremely resistant to temperature changes. In this way, humid or outside air are prevented from entering the unit and reach the gas which is placed between the panels. As a result, the fogging of windows is prevented over time.
EPAL SA is certified for every process concerning sealing of insulated glaze panels and insulated glaze panels with gas according to DIN EN 1279-2 and DIN EN1279-3 quality standards which are dictated by the ift Rosenheim Institute of Germany.