EPAL RR aluminum sliding system
“EPAL RR” sliding system is the latest approach of EPAL’s sliding systems.
- It is manufactured with an advanced casted thermal break technology (pour and debridge) throughout the entire length of the profile.
- It achieves top levels of thermal conductivity based on ASTM C518 0.84 Btu x in2 / Ft x h x F standards.
- It prevents the internal compression of the profile during winter, when temperature is low.
“EPAL RR” sliding series has the following attributes:
- It is manufactured with casted thermal break.
- It is equipped with lifting and sliding mechanism.
- Mitered corners.
- It is equipped with tracks made from stainless steel on the bottom in order to enable a smoother scrolling for the sash and to prevent the corrosion of the aluminum.
- It is geared with heavy duty mechanisms from the German companies SIEGENIA and HAUTAU. These mechanisms are able to lock up in the front part to 4 points, providing security and functionality.
- There are rubber gaskets made of TPE to provide perfect waterproofing.
- Accompanied with open shutters, roller shutters and insect screens.
- It is made of specific materials and components that meet specific quality standards.
- It is manufactured under controlled production processes that ensure consistent and high quality.
“EPAL RR” sliding series ensures:
- Thermal insulation by using double glaze panels and casted thermal break profiles.
- High resistance to mechanical stresses during use and high functionality.
- Top-class aesthetics due to the variety of colors and the quality of the powder coating.
The installation of the “EPAL RR” sliding frames is performed by qualified technical personnel on any surface using special accessories and insulation materials that ensure a perfect fit.
EPAL imports glaze panels from the biggest glass manufacturing companies in the world.
“EPAL RR” sliding series is equipped with double-glazed insulating glass panels. EPAL is using ‘’Float’’ type glass. The basic combination of glazing is 5 mm of glass externally, 4 mm of glass internally and 12 mm aluminum spacer between the glaze panels (5 – 12 – 4).
This particular combination presents an insulation factor of Ug = 2, 8 W/m2K with exceptional soundproofing properties (Rw = 36 dB based on tests made according to ISO140/3-78 -Test Number Α6.121.96).
The adhesion of the double glaze panels is achieved with the use of Butyl PIB (which is an adhesive sealant) and it is applied perimetric to the spacer. Then the spacer is placed between the glaze panels. The Butyl PIB sealant is extremely resistant in temperature changes: from -30oC up to 80oC and 160oC (for a short period of time) and an extremely low thermal conductivity coefficient. The aluminum spacer is filled with desiccants which help to extend the lifetime of the glaze panel.
In addition to the Butyl PIB, there is a two component sealant which is applied externally on every side of the window. This two component sealant is elastic and it is extremely resistant to temperature changes. In this way, humid or outside air are prevented from entering the unit and reach the gas which is placed between the panels. As a result, the fogging of windows is prevented over time.
EPAL SA is certified for every process concerning sealing of insulated glaze panels and insulated glaze panels with gas according to DIN EN 1279-2 and DIN EN1279-3 quality standards which are dictated by the ift Rosenheim Institute of Germany.
In addition to the typical type of glazing (5 – 12 – 4), which has an insulation coefficient of Ug=2, 8 W/m2K, the “EPAL RR” sliding series can be equipped with special coated glaze panels (Low E gas with soft and hard coating) and special gas filling, enabling them to reach a value of Ug=0, 7 W/m2K in order to satisfy the most demanding manufacturing standards.